PhD student in the Group of Molecular Catalysis
A top ranked research institute in Czech Republic, named after the only Czech Nobel prize winner in science J. Heyrovsky offers a new position for a PhD student in the Group of Molecular Catalysis.
The PhD applicant will participate in investigation of novel photoactive complexes of early transition metals both experimentally and by quantum chemical calculations. The work will be only in part performed at J. Heyrovsky Institute, possibility of extending the contract in the future.
The candidate should have basic background in transition metal coordination chemistry, synthetic organometallic chemistry, photochemistry, and DFT calculations. Experience in handling sensitive compounds using Schlenk/glovebox techniques is beneficial.
Required research experience: Computational Chemistry for 1 - 4 years.
Position is available from January 2022
Type of contract: Temporary
Job status: Part-time
- 5 weeks paid leave of absence (holidays) per year + 3 days of paid sick-leave in addition to
the statutory insurance
- Flexible working-time, the possibility of part-time work
- Lunch vouchers
- Subsidy for sport and cultural activities
- Recreation subsidy, recreation subsidy for children
- Possibility of attending children groups of the CAS
- Possibility to use discounts in recreation centers of the CAS
- Sports goods rental, free parking, trade union library
- Language courses
- Free parking
- Possibility of accommodation facilities
- Possibility of further education and career development by participating in courses organized by our institute.
To apply, please send your CV and motivation letter to recruitmentjh-inst.cas.cz. Please, write in the subject line of your email SC2021_24.
By providing us your personal data in your CV, you have allowed J. Heyrovský Institute of Physical Chemistry to process and file your CV in the HR database. Your personal data will be used for the internal HR needs of the J. Heyrovský Institute of Physical Chemistry only.
At the same time you confirm herewith that the personal data as stated in the CV you have sent to us is true and accurate.